ANCI1004 – Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training
Teach your dog good habits that will last a lifetime!
Understanding man’s best friend is vital for responsible owners and anyone working with dogs. Our 100 hour online course will teach you about canine psychology, senses and behaviour, and you’ll learn basic dog and obedience training techniques.
This course will provide invaluable information for anyone who owns dogs, works with dogs currently, or plans to work with dogs.
Dog Training and Psychology
- Understand how canine animals think and communicate
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
- Control the movement of dogs through training and other methods.
- Discover the roles of working dogs, and the outline of how they can be trained.
- FREE membership to The Association of Professional Dog Trainers Ireland when you complete your course.
This course is designed for
- People who want to work in dog training or animal daycare
- Responsible dog owners
- People who want to work in the dog care industry
Training videos provided by
Get 12-month FREE access to Sarah Whitehead Train your Dog video tutorials. This comprises a series of online videos and material by expert Dog Trainer Sarah Whitehead.
Free ADPT Membership
The Association of Professional Dog Trainers Ireland welcome you for application as a member on completion of this course. ADPT Encourages the ethical and cruelty free training of our beloved pets to ensure the best outcomes for both owners and dogs alike.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: €499 + GST or only €25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 9 modules / 9 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: This course is delivered online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Nine Comprehensive Modules
- ANCG153 – Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- ANCG115 – Canine Senses and Communication
- ANCG172 – Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- ANCG112 – Canine Behavioural Development
- ANCG113 – Canine Behavioural Disorders
- ANCG106 – Basic Dog Training Principles
- ANCG127 – Obedience Dog Training
- ANCG122 – Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- ANCG171 – Dog Training for Working Environments
★★★★★ “I really enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow. The content was extremely interesting and it was well set out. I have recommended this course to other people. I would love to move on to do something more in dog psychology.” Donna Mackinnon
★★★★★ “The course was a breeze! Easy to understand and found it easy to put things in my own words, the course content was well written and provided great and good information. I also have a little 4 month old puppy and i was able to apply the knowledge i learnt from this course to improve his care. I can’t fault this course awesome!” Sharnique Adams
★★★★★ “I have long wished to study animal related courses but due to barriers am unable to attend campus courses. The Career Academy is the first and only institute I have come across that offers animal courses via distance. Thanks to the friendly, helpful staff and tutors I will be looking to study more through the career academy. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and though I only requested help once the person I spoke with was extremely helpful and friendly and made me feel more comfortable should I need to ask for help again. The feedback I got on each assessment was great and the tutors ensured I knew I was on the right track. I genuinely cant think of anything that could be improved with this course.” Lakeisha Bain