Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
Once you make your mind up about this Diploma, you’ll never look back!
Just think of the possibilities
- Gain an employer recognised qualification and add to your CV.
- Increase your job prospects and learn key office Psychology & Counselling Skills.
- Extend your understanding of psychology and counselling.
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues.
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts.
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email.
Covering the following modules
- The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- Consciousness and Perception
- Psychological Development
- Needs, Drives and Motivation
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Understanding Counselling
- Ethics & Confidentiality
- Understanding the Self
- Emotions and Behaviour
- Referral Practice
Qualification Code: PSCI1006
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments throughout.
Delivery and support: Online with professional tutor support via email
Duration: Approximately 300 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete
Start date: Get Instant access within 1 business day
Entry requirements: No previous experience necessary
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
Pathways: This course leads on to our Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
This Course is accredited by ICOES
The International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!