PSCI10120 – Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
Understand the human mind and the counselling process with this internationally recognised qualification.
You’ll learn the theory behind the skills and techniques used to successfully help people work through their problems and issues with counselling. This includes listening, reflection, questioning and interview techniques.
This online course has been developed by psychology and counselling experts. No prior experience necessary – start today!
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
Investment: €499, or from only €25 per week with our free payment plan! Click here to enrol now
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 600 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete this diploma in six months (ie one module per month).
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
- Internationally accredited by the IARC & ICOES
- Extend your understanding and learn psychology and counselling techniques
- Learn psychology skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the International Association for Counselling
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
★★★★★ “Thank you for the pleasant time during my time in the career academy student I’m so proud to have finished my course in Psychology and mental health and am currently now enrolled as a student in bachelor in Psychology and Youth social work but couldn’t have done it without these course thank you ☺” – Sammy Roberts
★★★★★ “The course is brilliant, it is easy to understand and the detail of knowledge is also easy to absorb. The tutors have been extremely helpful and prompt to reply. I find that I don’t have to use them much at all as the content is self-explanatory.” – Lynaire Hartley
Learn Psychology and Counselling Online Today!
PSCI1005 – Psychology Fundamentals
- PSCG212 – The nature and scope of psychology
- PSCG213 – Neurological basis of behaviour
- PSCG132 – Environmental effects on behaviour
- PSCG113 – Consciousness and perception
- PSCG174 – Personality
- PSCG185 – Psychological development
- PSCG172 – Needs, drives and motivation
PSCI1006 – Psychology & Counselling
- PSCG205 – Stress
- PSCG101 – Abnormal behaviour
- PSCG144 – Individual behaviour
- PSCG139 – Group behaviour
- PSCG166 – Methods of dealing with abnormalities
- PSCG112 – Conflict resolution
- PSCG149 – Interpersonal communication skills
PSCI1003 – Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning specific counselling skills
- PSCG161 – Listening & bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing beliefs and normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding solutions
- PSCG131- Ending the counselling
PSCI1004 – Advanced Counselling Skills
- PSCG211 – The Counselling Session
- PSCG136 – Focusing on the Present
- PSCG210 – Telephone Counselling
- PSCG117 – Dealing with Crisis
- PSCG178 – Problem Solving Techniques- Aggression
- PSCG179 – Problem Solving Techniques- Depression
- PSCG180 – Problem Solving Techniques- Grief and Loss
- PSCG181 – Problem Solving Techniques- Suicide
PSCI1007 – Counselling Techniques
- PSCG182 – Psychoanalytic psychotherapy l – Freud, Erikson, Jung
- PSCG183 – Psychoanalytical psychotherapy ll – Adler
- PSCG142 – Humanistic/Existential approaches I – Gestalt Therapy; Fritz Perls
- PSCG141 – Humanistic/Existential approaches II – Person-Centred Counselling; Carl Rogers
- PSCG191 – Rational behavioural therapy – Albert Ellis
- PSCG105 – Cognitive behavioural therapy – Aaron Beck
- PSCG202 – Behavioural therapy
- PSCG109 – Solution-focused counselling
PSCI1008 – Professional Practice in Counselling
- PSCG216 – Understanding Counselling
- PSCG133 – Ethics & Confidentiality
- PSCG217 – Understanding the Self: Self-awareness; Self-monitoring; Self-concept; Social Perception; Attribution theory.
- PSCG175 – Personality: What is a healthy personality?; Trait approach; Psychodynamic approach; Humanistic approach; Social learning and cognitive approaches.
- PSCG128 – Emotions & Behaviour: What are emotions?; Emotions and Counselling; Effect on communication
- PSCG207 – Supervision: Why supervision?; Working with others; Quantity and effectiveness of supervision; Personal counselling; Dependency; Types of supervision.
- PSCG192 – Referral Practice: Counselling v mental health issues; Secondary care counsellors; Abnormal psychology; Anxiety; Depression; Schizophrenia; Personality disorders.
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!