HPT1017 – Hospitality to Business Pathway
Become a business owner in Hospitality & Tourism!
Learn how to be a responsible, qualified bar tender, a capable, certified travel agent, a competent, recognised hotel manager and a knowledgeable, acknowledged restaurateur. This course combines our three Travel and Hospitality courses into one diploma, offering you a range of information whilst saving you money followed by our Start your own business course with an expert Business Coach.
- Manage the provision of kitchen facilities and the handling of foodstuffs to maximise efficiency, hygiene and service
- Learn to plan menus appropriate for a range of situations
- Access to expert tutors and business coaches – this Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors.
- Gain a qualification to add to your CV
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
We are proud to share that all of our Tourism and Hospitality courses have been officially endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.
★★★★★ “I wanted an online course that I could do at my own pace and is affordable.Also, anytime I had a question and clicked the help button, the tutors were very helpful. I really enjoyed this course, thank you for this opportunity and experience!” – Jessica Saunders
★★★★★ “The notes look simple but tasks ensure you do research and really understand the topic.” – Samantha
We are Dublin Chamber members
“The Career Academy are fully committed to helping to develop and support Irish students so they can succeed in their career or business. One of the Dublin Chamber’s objectives is to support and inspire business vitality and success – and together The Career Academy and Dublin Chamber are keen to further support. We look forward to welcoming you as a new member once you graduate to continue your journey and success in your business. There are a number of members benefits including connecting, networking events, learning, maximise and grow your business, business savings, acting as a voice for business and being a platform for success. The Career Academy will award students a 12 month subscription for membership to the Dublin Chamber on completion of the chosen course. We look forward to welcoming you.” Paul Byrne, Head of Membership Development, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Investment: €999 or only €25 a week on our interest FREE payment plan! Click here to enrol now
About this bundle: With this program you will receive 5 certificates, studying one course after another, ending with expert advice on how to start a success from Fiona Clark, business expert.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 410 hours – This course covers 41 modules, to be studied over twelves months. Most students spend up to 10 hours per modules and submit them weekly.
Access time: We allow up to 18 months access to this course.
HPTI1005 – Food & Beverage
- HPTG111 – Human Nutrition
- HPTG107 – Cooking Overview
- HPTG114 – Kitchen and Food Management
- HPTG122 – Planning A Menu
- HPTG103 – Alcoholic Beverages
- HPTG127 – Tea, Coffee and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- HPTG123 – Scope & Nature Of Catering Services
- HPTG121 – Personnel Management
- HPTG115 – Management Of Catering Services
HPTI1002 – Tourism
- HPTG132 – Travel Industry Overview
- HPTG108 – Destinations
- HPTG117 – Money, Insurance & Legalities
- HPTG128 – Transport – Airline reservations
- HPTG129 – Transport – Car Rental
- HPTG130 – Transport – Other
- HPTG101 – Accommodation
- HPTG120 – Package Tours
- HPTG131 – Travel Agency Procedure Systems
HPTI1003 – Hotel Management
- HPTG113 – Scope & Nature of Hotel Management
- HPTG119 – Organisation of the Workplace
- HPTG126 – Staff Management
- HPTG106 – Control Systems in Hotels
- HPTG110 – Front Desk Management
- HPTG125 – Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
- HPTG105 – Building & Facility Management
- HPTG102 – Activities Management
- HPTG109 – Food Service in Hotels
Start your own business
- ABNK1201 – Starting Up
- ABNG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKG185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKI133 – Understanding VAT
- ABKI189 – Financial Statement Analysis
Receive one to one coaching with an expert Business Coach.
Receive a one-on-one session with a business coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures. His dedication and expert advice has resulted in amazing student feedback.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.