HPTI1018 – Event Management & Wedding Planning to Business Pathway
Start your own Event Management and Wedding Planning Business!
Event management is the perfect career choice for those capable at juggling multiple tasks, who can move at the speed of light and thrive under pressure! Special event planning can include many types of events, not just weddings, from conferences and sales meetings to gala dinners and awards. Learn business skills and become a certified event planner with our online course to get started in your exciting new career.
- Complete this course and be knowledgeable enough to start your own wedding planning business
- Gain a Certificate to add to your portfolio
- Clear overview of the most common event types
- Plan your business for success
- Developed by experienced Event Managers & Wedding Planners
- Receive expert guidance from a business coach on how to start and manage your new business
The International Live Events Association has endorsed The Career Academy as an Approved Education Partner. They have accredited The Career Academy’s Certificate in Event Management.
Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
We are Dublin Chamber Members
“The Career Academy are fully committed to helping to develop and support Irish students so they can succeed in their career or business. One of the Dublin Chamber’s objectives is to support and inspire business vitality and success – and together The Career Academy and Dublin Chamber are keen to further support. We look forward to welcoming you as a new member once you graduate to continue your journey and success in your business. There are a number of members benefits including connecting, networking events, learning, maximise and grow your business, business savings, acting as a voice for business and being a platform for success. The Career Academy will award students a 12 month subscription for membership to the Dublin Chamber on completion of the chosen course. We look forward to welcoming you.” Paul Byrne, Head of Membership Development, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Investment: €1,495 or only €25 a week on our interest FREE payment plan! Click here to enrol now
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Access time: We allow up to 18 months access to this course.
Duration: 300 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Event Management Modules
- HPTG114 – Scope and Nature of Event Management
- HPTG145 – Developing the Concept
- HPTG146 – Physical and Human Resources
- HPTG147 – Project Logistics
- HPTG148 – Marketing an Event
- HPTG149 – Financial Management
- HPTG150 – Risk Management
- HPTG151 – Staging the Event
- HPTG152 – After the Event
Wedding Planning Modules
- HPTG135 – Introduction to Weddings
- HPTG143 – Planning a Wedding
- HPTG137 – Managing People for a Wedding
- HPTG136 – Managing Locations Associated with a Wedding
- HPTG134 – Managing the Programme
- HPTG138 – Managing Services in Support of a Wedding
- HPTG139 – Managing the Wedding Client
- HPTG140 – Managing the Wedding Day
- HPTG142 – Planning Your Wedding Business
- HPTG141 – Operating a Wedding Business
Start Your Own Business
- ABKI201 – Starting Up
- ABKG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cash flow Management
- ABKG185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKII113 – Fundamentals of VAT
- ABKI189 – Financial Statement Analysis
Receive a one-on-one session with a business coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures. His dedication and expert advice has resulted in amazing student feedback.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.