ANCI1018 – Dog Grooming Business Pathway
Do you want to start your own dog grooming business?
If you love canines, and want to work for yourself, what could be better than owning your own dog grooming business? This pathway is made up of four sections. To begin with, you will learn about the care requirements of dogs, and all about their health. Then, in the second, you will be introduced to concepts and facts which are crucial to any groomer. In the third section, you will move on to the “start your own business” course, in which you will learn essential business start-up skills. Finally, you will have access to FOUR 1 hour, one-on-one skype/video sessions with an expert groomer. From here, you will be an attractive candidate as a grooming apprentice, and can commence practical experience with confidence.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Understand the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Learn about key concepts which are required by dog groomers including basic anatomy, hygiene, tools & equipment and handling.
- Discover the basic skills needed when starting your own business
- Receive tutoring sessions with an experienced groomer
Rachael – Dog Grooming Tutor
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
“The Career Academy are fully committed to helping to develop and support Irish students so they can succeed in their career or business. One of the Dublin Chamber’s objectives is to support and inspire business vitality and success – and together The Career Academy and Dublin Chamber are keen to further support. We look forward to welcoming you as a new member once you graduate to continue your journey and success in your business. There are a number of members benefits including connecting, networking events, learning, maximise and grow your business, business savings, acting as a voice for business and being a platform for success. The Career Academy will award students a 12 month subscription for membership to the Dublin Chamber on completion of the chosen course. We look forward to welcoming you.” – Paul Byrne, Head of Membership Development, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Investment: €999 or from only €25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan.
Assessments: 27 modules / 27 assignments, and 4 x 1 hour live tutor sessions.
Duration: 18 months/250 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: We allow up to 18 months access to this course.
Delivery and support: Online with unlimited tutor support via email or phone.
Covering four modules
Certificate in Caring for Dogs
- ANCG149 – Introduction to Dog Care
- ANCG114 – Canine Biology
- ANCG125 – Dog Health Part 1
- ANCG126 – Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- ANCG131 – Dog Breeds
- ANCG124 – Breeding
- ANCG123 – Dog Behaviour and Training
- ANCG137 – Grooming
- ANCG154 – Other Dog Services
Certificate in Dog Grooming
- ANCG163 – Scope and Nature of Grooming
- ANCG103 – Animal Biology
- ANCG116 – Caring for the Skin and Coat
- ANCG155 – Specialised Grooming Tasks
- ANCG141 – Handling Animals
- ANCG136 – Grooming Dogs
- ANCG138 – Grooming Other Types of Animals
- ANCG139 – Safety in Grooming Workplace
- ANCG165 – Preparing for Showing
- ANCG168 – Starting a dog grooming business
Start Your Own Business
- ANKI201 – Starting Up
- ABKG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKIG185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKI113 – Understanding VAT
- ABKI189 – Financial Statement Analysis
One to one video sessions
1. Dog Washing
2. Brushing and Combing
3. Clipping and Trimming
4. Advice on Starting a Business / Getting Your First Step on the Dog Grooming Rung
Our students say
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there to help whenever I need it!” – Harriet Gregory
★★★★★ “Tutors are very helpful and make contact really quickly.” – Helen Alty
Receive a one-on-one session with a Business Coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.
Take a look at what you’ll be learning in our Dog Grooming Pathway!
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!