Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Become a Certified Medical Receptionist and learn medical language the easy way
Developed by health experts, this Career Academy course will teach you how to use Microsoft Office in managing the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll have the opportunity to develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. Working with an experienced tutor, you’ll be able to master medical terminology and abbreviations. With this course, you’ll find just how valuable it is when it comes to opening doors in the medical profession. You’ll also receive a free 12-month membership to the Irish Association of Health Care Assistants on completion.
Lots of benefits to be had
- Gain a certificate of achievement and work towards becoming a medical receptionist
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Easy ways to learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients – learn how to use this in your course.
- Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide.
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship Management
- Optional module: Introduction to Medtech Evolution
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
Start date: Get Instant access within 1 business day
Duration: Approximately 160 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email.
Certification and accreditation: On successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement. You’ll also receive a free 12-month membership to the Irish Association of Health Care Assistants.
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
This Course is accredited by ICOES
The International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!