PSCI1003 – Certificate in Counselling Skills
Learn to help others resolve difficult issues through counselling
A counsellor’s role is to facilitate the resolution of issues, whilst respecting a person’s values, personal resources, culture and capacity for choice. Counselling provides a regular time and space for someone to talk about their problems and explore difficult feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. Start your path towards becoming a counsellor today with this accredited online course.
- Learn about the counselling process and how to talk to people about their problems
- Advance your career by improving your communication and people management skills
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling
- Learn to listen to a client and advise methods of healing
- Accredited by ICOES
- Free student membership to the IAC upon completion of this course
FREE 12-month student membership
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: €399 or only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessments:Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online, with tutor support via email or phone.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified counsellors with many years working experience.
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in eight weeks.
Covering eight modules
- PSCG158 – Learning Specific Skills
- PSCG161 – Listening and Bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview Techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding Solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending with Counselling
What our students say
★★★★★ “Excellent and well organized course, with very helpful tutors and strong course content.” – Mandy Pickett
★★★★★ “I have been involved with counselling on a voluntary basis – and realised that a number of tools I used were mentioned in this course and learned lots about the skills I did not have but desired to acquire – awesome!” – Karen Frith