ANCI1001 – Certificate in Caring for Dogs
Learn about the psychology of animals
Whether you are a responsible dog owner, you want to enter the dog care industry, or you already work in a dog care related business; this course will provide you with essential knowledge to improve your ability to care for canines. Become a skilled dog owner, improve your ability to work within the volunteer field, or gain important skills to work in any dog related industry.
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs.
- Learn the basic characteristics of different breeds of dog, and how the suitability of breeds can differ.
- Get a foot in the door of the competitive dog care industry
- Provide your own dogs with the best care possible.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Our students say
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there whenever I need help!” Harriet Gregory
Investment: €499 or only €25 per week on an interest free payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessments: 9 modules / 9 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Duration: 100 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
This course covers nine modules
- ANCG149 – Introduction to Dog Care
- ANCG114 – Canine Biology
- ANCG125 – Dog Health Part 1
- ANCG126 – Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- ANCG131 – Dog Breeds
- ANCG124 – Breeding
- ANCG123 – Dog Behaviour and Training
- ANCG137 – Grooming
- ANCG154 – Other Dog Services
Kaitlyn Champion – Pet and Animal Care Tutor
After getting her degree in Zoology and Animal Science Kaitlyn spent time in South Africa studying Cheetahs, as well as time in Zanzibar studying the impact that tourism has on Bottlenose and Humpback dolphins. Now she’s taking what she learnt there and is passionate about passing it on to all her enthusiastic Animal and Pet Care students at The Career Academy. Fortunately, online learning means that none of our students have to get too up close and personal with a hungry cheetah.