Certificate in Animal Care & Certificate in Caring for Dogs
Take your next step to working with dogs!
Whether you are a responsible dog owner, you want to enter the dog care industry, or you already work in a dog care related business; this course will provide you with essential knowledge to improve your ability to care for canines. Become a skilled dog owner, improve your ability to work within the volunteer field, or gain important skills to work in any dog related industry.
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs.
- Learn the basic characteristics of different breeds of dog, and how the suitability of breeds can differ.
- Get a foot in the door of the competitive dog care industry
- Provide your own dogs with the best care possible.
- Identify common signs of ill health
- Develop a broader awareness of health issues in domestic pets
- Examine the basic biology and structure of animals
- Learn basic fundamental theories behind training and handling companion animals.
This course is designed for
- People who want to work in animal care
- Responsible pet owners
- Anybody considering pursuing work in a veterinary clinic
Nicole has over 25 years experience working as a Veterinary Nurse. She has worked in various Veterinary clinics, Emergency hospitals where at one of them she held a practice management role. Nicole has trained and mentored many people that have been interested in a career in the Veterinary nursing and Animal care Industry. Training, behaviour of puppies is something that she has a lot of experience with. She has a passion for animals and teaching. Being able to share this with others is what she enjoys the most.
Investment: €799 or only €25 a week on our interest FREE payment plan! Get started now by clicking here.
Assessments: 19 modules / 19 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Duration: 190 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training
ANCG153 – Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
ANCG115 – Canine Senses and Communication
ANCG172 – Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
ANCG112 – Canine Behavioral Development
ANCG113 – Canine Behavioral Disorders
ANCG106 – Basic Dog Training Principles
ANCG127 – Dog Obedience Training
ANCG122 – Controlling a Dog’s Movement
ANCG171 – Training Working Dogs
Animal Care modules
ANCG108 – Introduction to Animal Care
ANCG117 – Anatomy and Physiology
ANCG118 – Husbandry of Dogs
ANCG164 – Husbandry of Other Species
ANCG177 – Common Diseases of Dogs
ANCG179 – Common Diseases of Other Species
ANCG188 – First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
ANCG189 – Handling and Safety
ANCG190 – Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
ANCG191 – Training and Behaviour
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there whenever I need help!” Harriet Gregory
★★★★★ “I was referred by my sister and i am grateful she told me about it totally loved it i am also going to dog grooming. excellent. I loved every bit of the course it has given me the knowledge I needed to learn.” Dayna Brady