ADMI1013 – Administration Pathway – Medical Reception
Fast-track your way to a career as a Medical Receptionist!
This pathway program combines the Certificate in Medical Reception and the Diploma in Business Administration to give you the confidence to interview for the role as a Medical Receptionist, whilst providing you with qualifications to climb the ladder. Get a FREE 12-month membership to the Irish Association of Healthcare Assistants.
- Gain a certificate and become a certified medical receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Get a FREE 12-month membership to IAHA on completion.
This course is designed for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or transcription
What does a medical receptionist do?
Certified medical receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox
★★★★★ “A very well organized and conceived course. By following the course materials, I was able to learn & build on the concepts with minimal questions. I would have no troubles recommending this course.” Chris Chung
★★★★★ “Nothing could be improved. This course is so easy to work through from home at your own pace. Tutors are quick to provide any assistance or feedback. Excellent!” Melissa Edge
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: €1499 or only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Case studies, quizzes, written assessments and practical exercises.
Duration: Approximately 400 hours, study in your own time.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 18 months before you complete.
Qualification: On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement which will help you pursue a career as a medical receptionist.
- Role of a Medical Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Customer Relationship Management
- Understanding Medicare
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
Diploma in Business Administration
ADMG154 – Effective Business Communication
ADMG160 – Office Ergonomics & Data Entry
CITG127 – Introduction to Microsoft Word
ADMG159 – Producing Business Documents
ADMG166 – Maintain Business Resources
ADMG164 – Customer Service Strategies
ADMG162 – Deliver & Monitor a Service to Customers
ADMG163 – Address Customer Needs
ADMG161 – Process Customer Complaints
ADMG165 – Organise Schedules
ADMG167 – Organise Workplace Information
ADMG168 – Organise Meetings
ADMI127 – Workplace Health and Safety
ABKI202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKI152 – General Journal
ABKI153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ADMG114 – Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
ABKI103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKI217 – Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
MGTG119 – Introduction to Project Management
MGTG109 – Establishing Timelines and Milestones
MGTG138 – Project Implementation, Completion and Evaluation
CITG138 – Using Microsoft Excel